Comey's Preposterous Lie

Man, I am getting slow in my old age.  It took me two days to notice the fact which demonstrates that Comey's entire position regarding the "new" Hillary e-mails is nothing but a gigantic partisan lie.  Of course, nobody else seems to have noticed this either, but then, what else is new?

In Comey's revelation that he had sent a letter to Congress, he had this to say:

"This morning I sent a letter to Congress in connection with the Secretary Clinton email investigation. Yesterday, the investigative team briefed me on their recommendation with respect to seeking access to emails that have recently been found in an unrelated case. Because those emails appear to be pertinent to our investigation, I agreed that we should take appropriate steps to obtain and review them."

These e-mails were allegedly found on a laptop computer owned by Anthony Weiner, which had been used by his wife, Hillary adviser Huma Abedin.

Well, here's the thing.  I am not a computer expert, but my understanding is that, when you have a private e-mail address with, say, Google or Yahoo, the actual e-mails are not on your computer at all, but are rather on the servers of your internet service provider.  If this were not true, you would be unable to log in and read your e-mails on any computer but one, and we know this is not the case.  So, when Comey had access to Hillary's e-mails, he had access to all of them, regardless of what computer they were sent or received on.  Therefore, there cannot be "new" e-mails on a different computer, because the text of the e-mails is never on the computer to begin with.

Now, you are going to tell me that the crack cyber investigators at the FBI didn't know that?  And are you going to tell me that they would have not bothered to explain this to Comey himself, before he released this utterly dishonest letter?

Well, make up your own mind, or if you know that I am wrong, please explain things to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas