Another Special Shoot

So, everyone seems to be wondering why the hell Donald Trump is taking the time to visit the President of Mexico (an obviously unwanted visit, may I add) at this point.  Well, for an answer, I turn to my wife:

Trump is enduring the flight down and back, and whatever boring meetings he has to put up with, for one thing only: five seconds of video showing him shaking hands with Vicente Fox and smiling.  Two months from now that scrap of coverage will appear in all sorts of TV spots designed to convince the gullible that people in Mexico just love him.  Will they fall for that?  Probably a few will.  Probably not many, but if the mainstream press does its usual job for the Republicans, who knows?  It could be enough.

Comments

Zog said…
It wouldn't surprise me if Trump were to meet Vicente Fox. Fox hasn't been President of Mexico since 2006, but I'm not sure if Trump realizes it.

The current president is Enrique Peña Nieto.
St. Joan said…
So funny Zog. I can't name the President of Mexico! I did think Vicente was a Fox, though.
Green Eagle said…
Sorry. I wanted to make my point, and I was at a confused time at work when I wrote this.
Larry said…
Don't worry. Even the common clay of the new West can err now and then.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas