My Bottom Line on Obama

Social security, medicare, medicaid, civil rights legislation, protections for workers from the worst depradations of the rich- these are the gifts the Democratic party has given the American people, and they are the reason why the Democratic party deserves to exist.  That is why I will never support anyone who agrees to destroy them, no matter what party he belongs to.

Now, here is what Obama knows perfectly well:  Social security has absolutely nothing to do with the budget deficit; medicare functions on an overhead one tenth of what private insurance costs; without control on them, the rich will succeed in endlessly destroying our economy and then forcing the rest of us to pay the price. Yet he is apparently willing to sacrifice any and all Democratic achievements in order to pander to an ignorant and apathetic segment of the populace known as the "independents,"  thus buying into the Republican core belief that that the American public will vote for whoever lies to them the most.  He is apparently satisfied to sacrifice everything it means to be a Democrat in an attempt to retain his office, relying on an electoral strategy spoon-fed to him by Republicans.  And he is clearly not willing to stand up to the Republican propaganda which is only designed to mask the real causes of our current devastation.

I will not support Obama in any way if he tampers with these landmark Democratic programs in order to pursue what he foolishly thinks is his own self-interest.  I don't care what the cost is, because the cost of allowing the leader of the Democratic party to destroy its greatest accomplishments is far greater.

Comments

curt said…
I'm with you on this. If Obama agrees to cuts in medicare and medicaid and is the Democratic candidate in 2012 I likely will not vote.
Green Eagle said…
Not for him, anyway. I'll vote for other offices, but I won't vote for someone who does this. Maybe I'll vote for you. I suspect you would have more sense than Obama. Of course, so would my Corgi dog.
Jean Valjean said…
The Birthers keep throwing around the Manchurian Candidate supposition; I'm inclined to agree.. but I believe he's the stealth candidate for the oligarchs.
Dave Dubya said…
This is Amerika. Only a company man is allowed into the White House.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas